(Editor’s note: This post is featured on Dispatches in a collaboration with HighTechXL.)
HighTechXL is here to help.
If you have a startup – anything from an idea to a team with an MVP – you are invited to HighTechXL for Give Back Monday. Give Back Monday is a way to reach out to startup teams who can use some expert advice, direction, fresh thinking or maybe a bit of encouragement.
In other words, the unvarnished truth about what the world is looking for in teams, tech and tenacity.
You’re free to bounce ideas and brainstorm with expert pools to get detailed feedback about where you are in the process of building your company. HighTechXL team members and community experts will be on hand to answer your questions about the trickiest aspects of starting up in a variety of domains.
Sign up early and claim your spot!
Give Back Monday is 21 January from 4 to 6:30 at HighTechXL in High Tech Plaza on High Tech Campus Eindhoven.
By the way, this is your chance to see the newest and largest startup hub in the Netherlands.
The event is free and you can register here.
Note: This time slot is only for startup entrepreneurs and teams and is not a call for mentors to work with startups. We will have a separate time for mentors to pair up with startups. Please send an email to [email protected] if you’d like to be added to our expert pools distribution list for future mentor events.
This will be our second Give Back Monday.
For GBM No. 1, we hosted 16 people representing 10 teams (yes, some had more than one startup.) It was, to say the least, an interesting mix with companies as diverse as a tech platform and a green roof company, an AI group and Mehmet Ali Anil and Basak Demirci, a team from Turkey building a digital feedback device for restaurants.
Those attendees circulated between huddles with HighTechXL experts discussing:
• Business plans with HTXL’s corporate program managers
• Finance with Betsy Lindsey, managing director and investors relations, and Eric Broekhuizen, COO and Program Director
• Storytelling/pitches with Edzard Janssens, acceleration manager, and Kimon Kodossis, !X Creative Director
• IP with Hans Helsloot with Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend (RVO), and Freek Smit with Freek Smit Consultancy
Huddles were followed by networking with drinks and snacks. There were several interesting concepts, including Tony Gourdoparis’ concept of using wrist sensors to control computers with gestures rather than keyboards or other peripherals. Gourdoparis, a native of Greece, works at ASML.
Brian Velda and Dennis Schaeps from Technical University of Eindhoven represented FruitPunch AI, an effort to build a talent/employer platform to make Eindhoven the AI capital of the Netherlands.
Nick Nedelchuk, who is an IT developer at IKEA, is developing Localie, a travel app that customizes travel according to the language users speak starting with his native Russian.
HighTechXL is the Netherlands’ premier accelerator and is focused on deep tech. HighTechXL is an initiative of the Eindhoven Startup Alliance with ASML, Philips, NTS group, High Tech Campus Eindhoven, ABN AMRO Bank, Brabantse Ontwikkelings Maatschappij (BOM), Brainport Development and EY as its members.
HighTechXL works with some of the smartest people in the world, with some of the boldest projects. Currently, CERN. HighTechXL teams are working with CERN, the world-famous particle research effort in Switzerland to take cutting-edge CERN technology to market. You can read more about that here.
Since its founding in 2013, HighTechXL startups have an incredible survival rate of 73 percent and have raised more than 40 million euros.
HighTechXL alumni include:
• AmberMobility, an on-demand car service that’s also working on autonomous vehicles. You can read more about Amber Mobility here.
• ByFlow, a 3D printing company that builds printers for the restaurant industry. You can read more about ByFlow story here.
• Bambi Medical, a scale-up that has developed a skin friendly and wireless vital sign monitoring device for babies in hospital CPUs. The company has raised more than 6 million euros.
• Usono, a medical device company that distributes its ProbeFix device in markets across Europe and Australia. You can read more about Usono here.
HighTechXL demo days are tech conferences that attract speakers, talent, investors and a huge range of companies from the Netherlands and around the world.
You can read about the latest events here:
HighTech Connect China: First of its kind investment summit matches Dutch tech, capital from China
With ‘Beyond,’ HighTechXL brings tech-conference pitch format, global experts to Eindhoven
CERN and HighTechXL opening the doors to innovators at July 2 hackathon