(Editor’s note: This post of curated careers was updated on 4 November with an opening at JW Player.)
This is the third in a series of curated careers posts … the coolest jobs here in Eindhoven, Europe’s most important – and most under-the-radar – deep-tech hub, as well as in other Dutch innovation centers.
Dispatches posts a lot of career opportunities. What’s different about this series is we’re recommending companies we know, have covered or we actually work with. So we know these teams … the actual people and their corporate cultures. They’re cool and you’ll want to hang with them. So, this is an endorsement or we wouldn’t include them.
All of these companies employ highly skilled internationals and all require candidates to speak fluent English.
(To be clear, this is not a paid endorsement because we don’t get anything for this beyond the pleasure of their company. Which actually means a lot to us.)
Accerion is a fast-growing scale-up in the right business at the right time building positioning technology for mobile robots and other industrial equipment.
Located in Venlo on the border with Germany, they’re close to most of the big innovation centers including Eindhoven and Düsseldorf, and they’re growing quickly despite the pandemic, adding several engineers and other staffers so far in 2020.
Accerion has two openings:
Your mission is to develop new opportunities in the dynamic industrial automation and mobile robotics market globally. You’d also be an evangelist for this young company, full of young international talent, getting people excited about Accerion’s value, then turning prospects into clients.
You’d also manage relationships with existing customers, supporting them and developing the Accerion technology in their products and organizations. In that role, you’d gather customer feedback and insights, then pass them on to the Accerion team for product development and improvements, offerings and marketing.
You’d have the authority to negotiate multi-level deals and large accounts, manage and develop an international worldwide partner-network for Sales and Service and manage the support sales team including Customer Success Engineers for initial sensor implementation. So tech talents are a plus.
• substantial experience in sales and a background in industrial or logistics automation, mobile robotics and/or material handling.
• a willingness to travel the world. Which sounds pretty good to us ….
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
In this role, you’ll be tasked with developing and implementing advanced pattern recognition and signal processing algorithms, embedded database systems and communication protocols and high-performance, real-time and multi-threaded embedded applications. You’ll test and analyze your work on actual hardware, sensors and, of course, robots.
The ideal candidate has:
• a technical background (BSc/MSc)
• extensive experience with C++
• five or more years of relevant experience in the field of mobile robotics, computer vision and/or embedded systems and software
• experience with Agile software developent
• a passion for technology (robotics, sensors, tinkering)
You can see all the details here for both positions.
You can send your resume to [email protected].
Aircision, High Tech Campus Eindhoven
Aircision is a startup based in Eindhoven, developing free space optics systems for use within new 5G mobile networks, and was part of HighTechXL’s first deep-tech cohort back in 2018. So, this is a team with momentum as well as a pedigree. And they have two career opportunities open now.
NETWORK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Aircision is looking for a candidate with:
- a degree in computer science, BSc or MSc
- able to work closely with a wider engineering team at our partners
- able to present yourself and necessary technical details to our customers
- three or more years’ experience in software development and configuration of telecom network management systems
- experience in one or more NMS tools including OpenNMS, WebNMS, CA Nimsoft is mandatory
- experience in programming experience in java, python and languages like shell script, Perl etc.
- an understanding of DevOps processes like CI/CD
- strong English verbal and communication skills
- an ability to have fun
Please send your motivation letter and CV to [email protected].
Aircision has other positions open, which you can see here on the HighTechXL website.
Sealeau, which has created advanced water desalination technology, is a HighTechXL graduate from the 2015 cohort now based in Delft between Den Haag and Rotterdam. So this, like Accerion, is a scale-up.
The financial advisor will prepare business plans and design effective business models, aiming at preparing the introduction and sustainability of water-mining products and technologies into the market.
She or he will need to task manage internal resources to ensure effective implementation of the project to time, quality and scope. Alongside this, s(he) will have the responsibility to work with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting as well as support the company for investor readiness.
• Financial background or other relevant education
• Knowledge of financial modeling and business plan development
• Knowledge of Dutch and European water technology market
• Experience in performing market analysis with frameworks, such as PESTEL, SWOT and Porter’s Five Forces analyses
• Knowledge in designing innovative circular business models
• A minimum of two years of experience in any aspect of managing projects
• Experience in dealing with large events such as conferences
• Fluent in oral and written English
The salary is between 35,000 euros and 55,000 euros per year, depending on experience.
You can send your cover letter and CV to [email protected].
You can see our curated careers archive here, and many of the companies referenced earlier have current openings.
JW Player, Eindhoven
Though they’ve remained under the radar, JW Player founder Jeroen Wijering pioneered video on the web a decade ago, creating the technology that underlies Youtube, for example. Now, his company builds proprietary video platforms and all the gee-whiz analytics and tech to monetize it for huge clients including Vice, Viacom and Sky. In fact, it’s the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence.
The HQ is in New York, but Wijering himself is here in Eindhoven. If you have the technical chops, this is a growing company with lots of options when it comes to careers.
JW Player has multiple openings in the United States, and one opening in Eindhoven.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, MEDIA PROCESSING 7 DELIVERY
The Media Processing and Delivery team is responsible for the ingest of more than 20,000 videos per day, as well as serving nearly 2 billion requests daily for content. On a daily basis, JW Player’s Delivery System serves over a Petabyte of video per day.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- contribute to the architecture of a production-scale service layer
- build features which serve customer-driven product goals
- code as part of a highly technical team in a fast paced, agile environment
- prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to the growing list of problems the platform solves
• three-plus years of software development and engineering
• a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or experience equivalent
• experience with microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
• experience doing test-driven development (TDD) and/or behavior-driven development (BDD)
• strong database design and RDBMS concepts, experience doing domain-driven design
• strong Unix/Linux skills