(Editor’s note: Our curated careers series is not a paid endorsement and Dispatches receives no remuneration.)
Over the years, we’ve curated and posted a lot of career opportunities. What’s different about us is we’re recommending companies we know, have covered, come recommended or we actually work with. We know most of these teams … the actual people and their corporate cultures. They’re cool and you’ll want to hang with them. So, this is an endorsement or we wouldn’t include them.
The majority of these jobs are on High Tech Campus Eindhoven in Eindhoven. However, for this edition, we have included a fast-growing American foodtech startup on the recommendation of our colleague in the United States.
Seattle-based startup Picnic projects having 100 open positions
This is a first for Dispatches … we’re posting job openings in the U.S. But one of our team in the U.S. alerted us that Picnic is scouring the globe for engineering talent, something we have a lot of here in our HQ of Eindhoven. And we are all about the global mobility of talent.
Our guy Steve, an engineer who works with startups, is close to the Picnic management team and says these guys are for real. Picnic designs and builds automated equipment for the commercial food and restaurant sector, including an automated pizza oven. This is where machine learning, hardware, software, cloud computing, design, and robotics all intersect in the restaurant of the future. There are a lot of believers, and so far Picnic has raised $20.5 million in various fundraising rounds. That capital will be used to build the team and add new tech, according to CEO Clayton Wood’s LinkedIn post.
And word from Steve is, Picnic is projecting 100 new jobs over the coming year.
Open positions include:
• Senior Robotics Project Engineer
The position includes evaluating and prioritizing technical risk of problems requiring new approaches, and work closely with team members and vendor partners on mechanical, electrical, software/firmware, business and operations to develop ground-breaking solutions.
• Senior Controls Engineer
This position will be responsible for designing, building, and researching technologies that will help with food distribution. You will need to develop detailed controlled software for precise control of the mechanical parts. You will be responsible for driving performance based on machine capabilities and meeting product requirements.
Picnic also needs marketing people and operations talent.
Yes, there might be visa obstacles, but under the current administration, American companies once again are offering skills-based visas to recruit foreign talent.
Founded in 2016 and based in Seattle, Picnic has an experienced team of food and technology industry veterans who develop and provide specialized intelligent technology and exclusive solutions for the food service and hospitality industries. Restaurants, convenience and grocery stores, university and corporate campuses, casinos, hotels, cruise lines, sports venues, catering groups, healthcare cafeterias, small kiosks, ghost kitchen operators, mobile food operations, food trucks, delivery and military sites are among the many segments poised to benefit from the company’s automated food assembly platform integrating RaaS, software, cloud and deep learning technology.
AlphaBeats seeking a chill software developer
AlphaBeats is among the most promising Eindhoven startups, and they have the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval from not one, but two, venture builders, HighTechXL and LUMO Labs. Their technology reduces stress by allowing users to listen to their favorite music for just a few minutes each day.
AlphaBeats just concluded an important update which connects the app to Apple watches.
As they expand, they need more development talent … in this case, an experienced software developer with signal processing skills.
In this role, you would:
- design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ and/or Python code (both is a plus!)
- create high-level designs (HLD)
- perform analysis, design and implementation
- test code
- experience with C/C++ and/or Python programming language
- a good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- excellent problem solving skills
- experience in signal processing
- experience in general control engineering
You can see al the details here and apply.
To see what all the hype is about, you can become a beta tester here.
AlphaBeats is located at LUMO Labs in Building 6a on High Tech Campus Eindhoven.
JW Player needs a product manager for OTT
You’ve never heard of them, but JW Player is a big deal.
JW Player founder Jeroen Wijering, who still has offices in EIndhoven, is the guy who came up with the code to embed video software into websites, which lead to Youtube. Now headquartered in New York City, JW Player’s software powers video for over half of the Comscore top 50 media properties including Fox, Insider and Vice.
JW Player just raised $100 million euros on a $1 billion valuation as they march toward an IPO.
JW Player has a position for a product manager and you can work either in Eindhoven or in England.
As the Product Manager for OTT (over-the-top) you will drive JW Player’s OTT service offering which addresses an important need for customers to create video apps in key platforms such as Roku, Apple, Fire TV, Tizen, and Android. In this role you will set the business and market strategy for the OTT products as well as defining the offering and advancing the features and functions of our products. In addition, you will work closely with the partner team and external partners to create and deliver a fully featured offering.
This role reports to the SVP Broadcast Products, and will set the overall OTT strategy and vision while executing against the plan created.
The ideal candidate will have experience with OTT and/or mobile apps, building solutions with external partners, working with APIs and working with app developers. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. In this role, you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
As a Product Manager, OTT, you will:
• define and execute product vision and strategy for OTT products by interacting with key clients, partners, and through market research
• manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals
• provide sales, support, and documentation for internal and external consumers
• work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements and deliver product functionality
• drive prioritization across multiple engineering teams, communication with internal stakeholders, and user testing with customers.
• 5-plus years in product management or related work experience and 1-plus years working on OTT streaming services for the web and/or native apps
• a record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
• delivered products at scale by working with customers to solve their unique needs.
• dxperience with working with multiple partners to build a product UI/UX experience
• Experience with APIs for developers
• Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
About JW Player:
JW Player pioneered video on the web more than a decade ago. It’s now the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven.
Benefits kick in from day one and include:
Private Health Insurance
An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
Biannual Hack Weeks
AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
JW Player is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
SMART Photonics will create a job for the right person
And now for something completely different … SMART Photonics will create a job for you if you have the right talents and qualifications.
On the SMART Photonics website, it’s labeld “Future Open Positions.”
“For the right talent we always have an open position, and if desired we create one,” reads the section. And it’s clear this is for the people with the experience and track record to justify going to a lot of trouble to create a position.
- In-depth and recent knowledge about Integrated Photonics engineering and/or wafer production
- Entry levels have a PhD.
- For the more senior roles we also consider master’s degrees if you bring solid and recent wafer production, chip manufacturing or very close related experience.
- You fit a scale-up environment in which conditions are unique and intense.
- You are available for a direct contract.
- Matching and empathizing our company values: Teamwork spirit, Bias for action, Customer obsession, Passion to innovate, Eye for quality, Trust in each other, Ownership, Work smart and Continuous learning.
- Available between now and +/- 9 months.
SMART Photonics has a number of other jobs – mostly in engineering – which you can see here.