All the details are set for 11 April. We have the schedules and highlights here for HighTechXL’s Beyond Tech, the Netherlands’ biggest tech conference. Beyond Tech starts at 09:30 and runs until 18:00 on High Tech Campus Eindhoven.
Now, before you go, know that events will take place both in the Conference Center at High Tech Campus Eindhoven and in a large pop-up pavilion on the campus’ lake just outside the conference center.
Here’s overall schedule:
We’re expecting 700 people, but we invite you to make it 701, even if you’re not registered because it’s all about building the ecosystem, not getting boxed in by rigid rules.
Let’s start with highlights from the 25 scheduled Expert Sessions:
• Gerard Smit, Chief Technology Officer, IBM Benelux, will use real (inter)national use cases and examples of different industries to delve into the impact of Artificial Intelligence and other related technologies on individuals, businesses and society,
• HighTechXL China CEO Luuk Eliëns will discuss unlocking the mystery of the innovation boom in China.
• Maastricht-based VR therapy startup Psylaris will talk about their time in the famed Y Combinator accelerator, the first and most successful startup accelerator in The Valley … and the world. Christoph Lynen shares the lessons they learned. The presenter: Christoph Lynen, Psylaris CTO.
• Evert Schaeffer, TomTom’s Regional Director Product Management, will talk about how the company went from the generic term for personal navigation devices to a leading global player for map, traffic and navigation technologies in the B2B(2C) space.
• We heard founder Marlene Vogelaar’s very candid expert session at last year’s XL Day event and were seriously impressed. This year, their presenter will be Jeroen Zanen, Zielwear Consultant.
Zielwear makes on-demand, quality activewear apparel in the United States. Every piece of athletic apparel is made to order, and Zielwear donates 1-percent of company revenue to charities that “relate to who we are as a business.”
• Medical robotics pioneer Maarten Steinbuch has made Eindhoven a center for surgical robotics. Maarten and co-founder Anupam Nayak are building a 1,000-person company on the way to being a world-leader in this tech. Anupam will discuss how her company makes good surgeons great surgeons.
(You can see the full schedule with times and locations here.)
In addition to the expert sessions, Beyond Tech features Matchmaking Sessions between startups, investors and corporates. Ten high-potential startups will be battling in a pitching competition for awesome prizes from Impact Track Ambassadors Philips, ASML, NTS Group, TomTom, IBM, Here, BOM, EY, imec, DSM and InnoEnergy.
It’s going to be a memorable event, so come ready to be amazed.
General information about the day:
Please plan to park in P0 (zero), the visitors’ garage just off the A2 exit on High Tech Campus. If that garage is full, continue on to P3 East or P3 West. Also, if you want to be closer to the Conference Center, P6 and P8 are just across the lake. Turn right off the A2 at the first intersection and follow the parking signs.
By bus: Take Bus 407 from Eindhoven station to HTC/The Strip. The Conference Center is on the left.
Registration begins at 8:45 at the tent located behind the Conference Center and next to the lake. The opening and closing events will be held in the tent. All Expert Sessions are scheduled in the Conference Center.
If you arrive after the opening, you can pick up your name badge at either the tent or the Conference Center. We will have registration personnel at both locations throughout the day.
Lunch at Beyond Tech:
Lunch is on your own from 12:00-13:00. There will be food trucks to accommodate the group, but you must buy tokens in the tent to pay at the food trucks. You can use cash or PIN/debit cards for the tokens.
HighTechXL is the Netherlands’ premier deep tech accelerator. HighTechXL is an initiative of the Eindhoven Startup Alliance with ASML, Philips, NTS Group, High Tech Campus Eindhoven, ABN, AMRO Bank, Brabantse Ontwikkelings Maatschappij (BOM) and EY/HVG as its founding members.
About High Tech Campus:
High Tech Campus is one of the largest high-tech research campuses in Europe with more than 185 companies and institutes. The campus has 12,000 researchers, developers and entrepreneurs working on future technologies and products at companies such as Philips, NXP, TomTom, Shimano, Signify, IBM and Intel. HTC companies are responsible for about 40 percent of all Dutch patent applications.