EIT DIGITAL CONFERENCE, BRUSSELS, 11 SEPTEMBER
Thanks to Alexis Poulin, who sent us this one with the note, “Free / over 700 people, 50 startups and investors, academics, founders, policymakers from all over Europe.”
Free! In one of our favorite cities. We’re down with the madness.
EIT Digital, based in Brussels, promotes tech innovation to boost economic growth and improved quality of life in Europe. It does this by mobilising a pan-European ecosystem of over 156 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes, according to its website.
EIT Digital topics include: digital cities, wellbeing, finance, industry and infrastructure.
The digital conference has announced 16 of the 20 total speakers so far and they include:
• Kristine Østensen, Nordic program leader for IBM
• Neil Crockett, chief digital officer at Rolls-Royce
• Andra Sonea, lead solutions architect at Lloyds Banking Group
• Jackson Bond, co-founder of relayr, a Berlin-based IoT software firm
• Frank Baaijens, rector at Technical University of Eindhoven (we had to plug our homie, but TU/e is one of the best engineering schools in the world)
There’s also The Playground, an associated event on 11 and 12 September with a dozen curated, fast-growing startups., 30 deep-tech innovations developed by Europe’s leading industry and research experts as well as:
• The EIT Digital Academy courses addressing the growing demand for new professional and entrepreneurial skills.
• The EIT Digital Accelerator expertise and network, to help you grow your business.
• Top-notch international experts on the technology and innovation fields.