- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by .
If what you need in your life is more intellectual stimulation, along with more Barcelona, MIRA Digital Arts Festival is just the ticket.
MIRA is a good deal more cerebral than a lot of the party-till-dawn destinations on our lists, so this is for the avant-garde set looking for something deeper. (Check out the very, very strange vid above. What IS that?)
MIRA is a digital arts festival based on three interconnected areas: exhibition, dissemination and education, and has been held annually in Barcelona since 2011 and Berlin since 2016.
This festival tracks the new trends in digital culture and technology through music, AV shows, digital art installations, 3-D sound shows, fulldome vid screenings, conferences, presentations and workshops.
With the future of humanity at stake, the 2019 MIRA takes the direction of protest – exploring the importance of art and technology as instruments of protest and how they reshape the future and demand transformation.
MIRA has commissioned a number of world debut shows and collaborations especially for this year’s festival.
• B12, pioneers of British techno and intelligent dance music, or IDM, will present their ground-breaking live show, reinterpreting their vast body of work and masterfully mixing the classic with the new.
• Commissioned by MIRA especially for the festival Norwegian duo Smerz will perform their debut album “Have Fun,” accompanied by video designer Weirdcore, who has collaborated with Aphex Twin, M.I.A. or Simian Mobile Disco. This is a one off performance exclusive to the festival.
• 15 years since performing in Barcelona is ambient producer Biosphere who returns with a premiere of his new A/V show.
• Also returning is synth hero Alessandro Cortini who will be back at the festival for with a brand new A/V show.
• London’s Beatrice Dillon, known for her ambitious DJ will be present her brand new album.
Tickets start at 12 euros, but early birds are sold out. You can get your ticket here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.