- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by .
KPN, a telecom/ICT giant based in Rotterdam, is one of the most aggressive companies in the Netherlands, along with AkzoNobel, when it comes to investing in startups. We’ve attended some of their events including a hackathon, so we know management is serious about this.
This event will feature some of the startups KPN already is working with as well as speed date session for Startups with venture fund managers, corporates and KPN execs.
The KPN model is to find promising startups, incubate them, then scale them up on the way to turning them into stand-alone companies.
For 2017, the eight people on the KPN New Business Liaison Team:
• closed 81 deals with startups in 33 different industry segments including IoT and digital health
• visited 10 startup events each month
• have more than 1,150 startups in their database
KPN New Business teams total 420 people.
There’s also a separate KPN Ventures team under its CFO with 70 million euros in capital to deploy. Investments range from 500,000 euros to 1.5 million euros for a minority stake on the way to an exit, not acquisition. Investment areas include IoT, OTT and mobile, digital healthcare, cybersecurity, cloud and data & analytics.
This March Startup Evening event is free and you can sign up here on EventBrite.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.