Digital nomad Beth Hoke: How student hotels topped the ‘global hospitality leade

Home Forums Travel Digital nomad Beth Hoke: How student hotels topped the ‘global hospitality leade

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Terry Boyd 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Terry Boyd
    Keymaster

With the help of Booking.com, I found the Jacobs Inn Hostel, which had a bathroom in each room and privacy curtains around each bunk.

DUBLIN FROM JACOBS INN (Photo by Beth Hoke for Dispatches Europe)

As with the student housing, I expected a young, noisy crowd, especially since it was summer in Dublin and excitement about the World Cup was nearing fever pitch. Instead, I found people from a wide age range. Single travelers, student groups, and families all peacefully coexisted in a well-run establishment with a kitchen, TV room, common area, and rooftop lounge with a great view of Dublin.

The beds were comfortable and built on top of lockable storage bins for each person. The bathrooms were kept as clean as they could be in a dorm-like environment. And everyone was quiet and respectful.

Rates range from 31 euros per night for a spot in a 12-person dorm to 285 pounds for a private room for 10.

For the price, I’d stay there again.

I expected the moral of my story to be “You get what you pay for.” That wasn’t the case at all.

Of all the places I slept that week, I was most disappointed in the Hilton and most pleasantly surprised by our mid-range accommodations at the Destiny Student properties.

Traveling is an adventure and where you stay should be a part of that.

Think of it this way, if you have an average stay in a bland hotel, you won’t have a story to tell!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

To Top

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news and updates from Dispatches Europe. Get lifestyle & culture, startup & tech, jobs and travel news dispatched to your inbox each week. Keep up with what's going on in Europe. Everything Expat.

You have Successfully Subscribed!