- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by .
We are growing fast, therefore we are looking for a natural born leader with an extraordinary
technical background to lead our international team of brilliant researchers and engineers which
will bring to market a game-changing AI technology.
As VP Engineering you will define the R&D roadmap & key results overseeing with the CTO the
activities of the research team to define the future chip architecture and features and the path
to production. You will be responsible of the complete chip development from concept to
production, help identifying and recruiting the necessary people, and budgeting all the necessary
You will report to the CTO and he will have weekly interactions with company CEO.
• Provide engineering know-how and expertise in all the areas associated with
semiconductor design, engineering, fabrication, packaging, testing and mass production
• Manage the execution of the design and implementation of the artificial intelligence chip,
meeting or exceeding market requirements
• Plan and organize the activities to meet aggressive schedules
• Collaborating with software team head to align on specifications, schedule, deliverables,
• Accountable of development cost and schedule
• Support CTO in developing and executing strategy, technology and product development
roadmaps, special initiatives, and engineering best practices
• Present status of engineering activities to executive management and provide required
documentation to CTO in accordance to divisional processes
• Build, develop, and manage an engineering team capable of carrying out engineering
initiatives and supporting long term technology and product development roadmaps
• Evaluate performance of individuals in the engineering organization, manage
performance gaps, and set goals for the team consistent with organizational goals
• Develop, secure, and manage yearly departmental budget
• Identify, procure, and implement hardware and software tools needed to execute
• Manage the development of technical and cost proposals to secure funds
• Participate in meetings with key customers and partners
• Participate in technical conferences, where appropriate present technical advances at
• Develop new sources of supply and manage the qualification of suppliers when needed
• Maintain and manage the new product introduction process and ensure process gates are
satisfied to achieve smooth transition to volume manufacturing.
• Recommend methods, materials and improvement based on product features needs and
• Manage and maintain a technology control plan to ensure regulatory requirements are
• Provide technical support for business development activities
• Reach across divisions to ensure collaborative development activities
• Travel frequently around our different company offices to meet and coach the team
• Master’s degree in Electronics, PhD is a plus
• Minimum 10-year experience in complex chip design and computing architecture
• 5-year experience in people and team management
• Proven successful experience in chip tape-out on 16/12 nm or smaller process node
• Natural born leader
• Ambitious and fast paced
• Working in a structured and organized manner
• Fluency in English (written & spoken) is a must; any other European language is a plus
Who we are
Axelera AI is a truly European deep-tech Start Up company which is developing a game-changing
hardware and software platform for AI at the edge that will make the industry more
integrated, efficient and accessible. Our mission is to spread artificial intelligence for a green, fair,
trusted and safe world enabling new application of AI in diverse sectors like smart
cities, retail and other markets. Our company is a spin-off from a multinational deep-tech group
and is backed by a strong syndicate of institutional investors. We have an extraordinary and
international team of top talented researchers and developers working in the headquarter in
Eindhoven (NL) and in the branch offices in Leuven (BE), Zurich (CH) and Pisa (IT).
What we offer
Take the chance to become part of a dynamic, fast-growing, international organization. We offer
an attractive compensation package, including a pension plan, extensive employee insurances
and the option to get company shares.
An open culture that not only supports creativity and continual innovation is awaiting you.
Collaborative ownership and freedom with responsibility is characteristic for the way we act and
work as a team.
Great! We are looking forward to receiving your application! For any further questions or
information, please feel free to contact Heike Wilfling, HR Business Partner, [email protected].
For further information on Axelera AI please also have a look on our website: http://www.axelera.ai
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.